L-Mesitran is a hydro-active wound gel/ointment made of natural ingredients such as honey. Thanks to its composition, the gel promotes quick, clean wound healing.
When the gel or ointment comes into contact with the damaged skin, fluid is extracted from the surrounding tissues. This creates a moist wound-healing environment. This environment promotes the skin healing process by dissolving damaged tissue and removing dirt, preparing the skin for healing.
When the gel is absorbed into the damaged skin, you can reapply it. The amount of fluid in the wound affects the rate of absorption and, therefore, how often reapplication is needed.
- The gel is not sticky and can be used with a bandage.
- Due to the way Mesitran works, by dissolving dead tissue, the wound may seem to get larger at first. This is, to a limited extent, normal since the damaged skin can only heal once the affected area is clean.
- Due to the use of natural products, Mesitran may vary in colour from white to yellow/brown.
The packaging leaflet contains more information about this product.
- Debride and deslough
- Reduce odour
- Reduce the risk of infection
- Use L-Mesitran Soft on sensitive wounds
- Reduce scarring