Provides a moist healing environment and broad-spectrum antimicrobial protection for high-risk or infected wounds.
- Prevents bacterial growth
- Promotes healthy wound healing
- Remains clear while in use and will not discolour or stain tissue
- Applies easily and remains in wound bed - viscosity allows full antimicrobial contact with entire wound bed
- Provides broad-spectrum antimicrobial protection for high-risk or infected wounds with light to moderate exudate.
- In infected wounds, silver is beneficial for the first few days/weeks, after which non-silver dressings should be used instead. For clean wounds and closed surgical incisions, silver confers no benefit.
How to use
- Step 1 - Clean wound of dirt, bacteria, and visible particles using soap and water.
- Step 2 - Apply a generous amount of SilverGel directly onto the affected wound.
- Step 3 - Repeat as necessary to prevent/deter infection and keep the wound environment moist. SilverGel may be left in the wound for up to 3 days.
- Step 4 - Cover wound with appropriate dressing if necessary.