Pro-Action Zinc 25mg 30 Tablets
Pro-Action Zinc 25mg 30 Tablets
Pro Action Zinc 25mg Tablets
D34.7 Minerals, Complementary Medicine: Health Supplement. This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety and intended use. A varied diet is the most effective and safe way to achieve good nutrition, health, body composition as well as mental and physical performance.
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you
Pro Action Zinc is available without a doctor’s prescription, for you to maintain your health. Nevertheless, you still need to use Pro Action Zinc carefully to get the best results from it.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Do not share Pro Action Zinc with any other person.
- Ask your health care provider or pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
WHAT IS IN THIS LEAFLET
- What Pro Action Zinc is and what it is used for
- What you need to know before you take Pro Action Zinc
- How to take Pro Action Zinc
- Possible side effects
- How to store Pro Action Zinc
- Contents of the pack and other information
1. What Pro Action Zinc is and what it is used for
Pro Action Zinc contains zinc which is an essential mineral (trace element) involved in a number of enzyme functions in the body. Zinc contributes to the normal function of the immune system and the maintenance of normal skin, hair and nails.
2. What you need to know before you take Pro Action Zinc
Do not take Pro Action Zinc:
- If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to zinc or any of the other ingredients in Pro Action Zinc (listed in section 6)
- If you have copper deficiency
Talk to your doctor if this applies to you
Warnings and precautions
Take special care:
· If you have kidney disease
- Pro Action Zinc contains lactose. Patients with the rare hereditary condition of lactose/fructose or galactose intolerance should not take Pro Action Zinc.
Children and adolescents
Do not give Pro Action Zinc to children under 14 years of age because it is unlikely to be safe.
Other medicines and Pro Action Zinc
Always tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medication. (This includes all complementary or traditional medicine)
- Tetracycline antibiotics (like doxycycline, lymecycline, minocycline and oxytetracycline) may reduce the absorption of zinc and vice versa
- Quinolone antibiotics (like ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin, norfloxacin and ofloxacin) may reduce the absorption of zinc and vice versa
- Penicillamine may reduce the absorption of zinc and vice versa
- Diuretics (water tablets, like chlortalidone and hydrochlorothiazide) increase the urinary excretion of zinc
- Zinc may inhibit the absorption of copper (see section 2 Do not take Pro Action Zinc)
- Calcium salts may reduce the absorption of zinc
- Iron may reduce the absorption of zinc and vice versa
Pro Action Zinc with food, drink and alcohol
Taking Pro Action Zinc with food or drink containing calcium salts or iron may reduce the absorption of zinc and vice versa.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health care provider for advice before taking this medicine.
The safety of Pro Action Zinc has not been established in pregnancy and lactation. Zinc crosses the placenta and is present in breast milk.
Driving and using machinery
Pro Action Zinc is not expected to have an influence on the ability to drive and use machines. It is not always possible to predict to what extent Pro Action Zinc may interfere with the daily activities of a patient. Patients should ensure that they do not engage in the above activities until they are aware of the measure to which Pro Action Zinc affects them.
Pro Action Zinc contains lactose
Patients with the rare hereditary condition of lactose/fructose or galactose intolerance should not take Pro Action Zinc (see Warnings and precautions)
3. How to take Pro Action Zinc
Always take Pro Action Zinc exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor, pharmacist or nurse has told you. Check with your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are not sure.
The usual dose is one (1) daily with a meal.
If you take more Pro Action Zinc than you should
You may experience the following signs and symptoms:
- Appetite loss
- Abdominal cramps
- Copper deficiency
- Sideroblastic anaemia
- Altered iron function
- Reduced immune function
- Reduced high-density lipoproteins
In the event of overdose, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If neither is available, contact the nearest hospital or poison centre.
If you forget to take Pro Action Zinc
Do not take a double dose to make up for the forgotten individual dosage
If you stop taking Pro Action Zinc
There are no known withdrawal effects
4. Possible side effects
Pro Action Zinc can have side effects.
(Also see If you take more Pro Action Zinc than you should)
Not all side effects reported for Pro Action Zinc are included in this leaflet. Should your general health worsen or if you experience any untoward effects while taking Pro Action Zinc, please consult your health care provider for advice.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
Frequent side effects:
Gastrointestinal discomfort like:
- abdominal pain
- gastric irritation
Less frequent side effects:
- Metallic taste
If you notice any side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. You can also report side effects to SAHPRA via the “6.04 Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting Form”, found online under SAHPRA’s publications: https://www.sahpra.org.za/Publications/Index/8. By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of Pro Action Zinc.
5. How to store Pro Action Zinc
Store all medicines out of reach of children.
Store below 25°C, in a dry place in the original container
Return all unused medicine to your pharmacist.
Do not dispose of unused medicine in drains or sewerage systems (e.g. toilets).
6. Contents of the pack and other information
What Pro Action Zinc contains
The active substance is zinc. Each tablet contains 25mg elemental zinc.
The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate (vegetable origin), microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide and sodium starch glycolate
What Pro Action Zinc looks like and contents of the pack
White PET container with a flip top lid containing 30 off-white tablets and a silica gel desiccant. The container is sealed with a heat induction seal.
Express Shipping (approx 2 Business Days) and Economy Shipping (approx 4 Business Days)
Pricing calculated at checkout
Peace of Mind
All products offered on our site are selected by our Pharamacist, to ensure quality and safety standards are met.